hotel BLUE MB blog< Back to View All Blogs
Myrtle Beach Seafood: Top 3 Oyster Bars
You’re on vacation in Myrtle Beach and you want to get some of the best Myrtle Beach seafood around – and you want to slurp down oysters while having the chance to delve into other types of fresh seafood. You’ve come to the right place, because there are multiple Myrtle Beach restaurants that fit this bill.
Original Shucker’s Raw Bar
- Location: 300 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach
- How Far: < 1 mile
- Steam Pot Option: Their giant Shucker’s Steam Pot comes with a pound of crab legs, half a dozen: oysters, clams and mussels as well as a quarter pound of shrimp, new potatoes, corn on the cob and sausage. It’s suggested to be shared with another person, but you are welcome to try it all on your own!
- What Reviewers Say:
- “Shucker’s was amazing!” –Marco C., Google
- “The oysters are fresh and sooooooo good. Wash them down with a cold draft and you will leave happy.” –toberua, TripAdvisor
- “Oysters were amazing and were fresh!” –David L, TripAdvisor
- Discount: With your VMB Card, they’ll give you a discount of $5 off your purchase of $25 or more or 10% off your check at this Myrtle Beach seafood hot spot.
Original Shucker’s Raw Bar has two Myrtle Beach locations, with the closest one being located at Third Avenue North on Highway 17 Business. Here, you can get your fill of raw oysters and even one of their unique desserts: Fried Oreos!
During their daily happy hour you can get 65 cent oysters, your choice of raw or steamed. If you want to go beyond oysters you can also choose from 55 cent happy hour steamed mussels or 55 cent happy hour wings (happy hour requires a minimum order of six).
Their “World Famous Raw Bar” features Oyster Shooters, Raw on the Half Shell or you can go for the Fried or Steamed Oysters for your oyster craving. Shucker’s also serves up other delectable seafood items like the Crab Cake Dinner, the Seafood Combination Pasta and Sautéed Shrimp. If someone in your group doesn’t like seafood they can choose from many other menu items like the Grilled Chicken Pasta, Burger in Paradise, Potato Boats or Texas Style Chili.
Dirty Don’s Oyster Bar & Grill
- Location: On the Boardwalk at 910 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach
- How Far: 1.4 miles from hotel BLUE
- Dunkin’ Pot Option: If you are really hungry, you can splurge for the Dirty Don’s Dunkin’ Pot featuring eight oysters, eight shrimp, eight clams, a pair of crab leg clusters paired with corn, potatoes and sausage.
- What Reviewers Say:
- “Amazingly fresh seafood and service.” –Steve D., Google
- “We love this place!” –Linda V., Facebook
- “By far the best oyster bar!” –Sherry D., Google
- Discount: With your discounts card you will get a free shrimp fritter appetizer or 1/2 dozen raw oysters with purchase of an entrée (limit one per customer).
Dirty Don’s is a favorite amongst many with two locations. Dirty Don’s touts a Key West island theme at their Boardwalk location, closest to hotel BLUE. On Saturdays and Sundays they host an $8 Oyster Roast from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. if you want to fill up on roasted oysters.
Whether you want to try the Oyster Salsa (oysters smothered in salsa, provolone and cheese), Oysters Rockerfella (covered in spinach, bacon and hollandaise sauce), the Fried Oyster Basket, an Oyster Po’ Boy or the Oyster Dinner, you might have trouble choosing how to enjoy your oysters! If you want to go the raw route, they have a raw and steamed portion of their menu.
Dirty Don’s is a Myrtle Beach restaurant that you do not want to miss.
Bimini’s Oyster Bar & Seafood Café
- Location: 930 Lake Arrowhead Rd, Myrtle Beach
- How Far: 9.5 miles from hotel BLUE
- Steam Pot Option: If you are looking for a heftier fare, you can indulge in the Steam Pot, which serves two, and includes six oysters, six clams, six mussels, .25 pound of shrimp, a pound of crab legs, corn on the cob, coleslaw and hushpuppies. This option is great if you want to try it all.
- What Reviewers Say:
- “Oyster heaven!” –Michelle D, TripAdvisor
- “The food came out HOT and delicious. The oysters were cooked to perfection.” - gidget&rocky, TripAdvisor
- “Absolutely love this place! Oyster shooters are excellent!” –Nini D., Google
- Discount: Show your VMB Card and you’ll get 15% off your food purchase at this Myrtle Beach seafood restaurant (unless you are getting the half-priced oysters).
Bimini’s has a relaxing feel to it, which allows you to kick back and really feel like you are on a tropical island and relax while enjoying great food. One of the top-rated TripAdvisor restaurants, this dining option boasts the Certificate of Excellence.
Their “world famous” Oyster Shooters are only $2.25 each, so you can stock up on as many as you can handle. Or, if you know oysters are what you want, you can get 42 roasted oysters with the Oyster Roast option. Bimini’s also has non-seafood options like chicken fingers, cheeseburgers, homemade chips, sirloin steak and mozzarella triangles.
These are just a few of the delicious oyster options in Myrtle Beach.
Additional restaurants that serve oysters include:
- Pier House Restaurant on 2nd Avenue Pier | < 1 mile
- Noizy Oyster | < 1 mile
- Mr. Fish Seafood Restaurant | 6 miles
- Brother Shucker’s Fish House | 8.2 miles
- Gulfstream Café | 12.4 miles
- Flying Fish Public Market & Grill at Barefoot Landing | 13 miles
Are you hungry for oysters yet? Well, you’d better book your Myrtle Beach vacation so you can enjoy your oysters in a beachfront town! See our current Myrtle Beach hotel specials and get ready to book the best oyster-filled vacation today!